This will show you how to add an email link in WordPress.
This allows your readers to click a hyperlink that opens your email client instantly. No forms required.
This simple code method can be used in email campaigns as well.
How to add an email link in WordPress
1. Create the text or upload the image you want to use for the email link.
2. Select the image or text and click the link button.
3. Enter the code below (replacing your own email address) into the link field.
This will create a link that when clicked will open your readers email client instantly.
Creating a spam-safe email link
Placing email links directly on to a web page makes it easy for spam bots to scrape your address. Fortunately there is a way to add a link that confuses those nasty little bits of software.
1. Generate the encoded email link.
Use this website tool to generate HTML code that will confuse spam bots but still works in a browser.
Copy the link between the inverted commas and use that to enter into your link field.
2. Upload an image or create text for the link.
Don’t use your email address for the link. Use something like email us here.
3. Paste the obfuscated HTML code into the link field.
Example: Email us here
Now you have an email link on your website that is functional and safe from spam bots.
Questions? Let us know in the comments.