This short guide will show you how to add Google analytics to WordPress using a simple plugin called GA Analytics.
Whether your blog is for business or fun, you need to know more about your visitors and how they’re finding your site.
But first, you need to be tracking visits!
How to add Google Analytics to WordPress
1. Install the Google Analytics for WordPress plugin.
Navigate to Plugins >> Add New and enter ‘GA Google Analytics’ into the search field. Allow WordPress to install and activate the plugin.
2. Login to your Google account and sign up for an account.
3. Create a new account for your site and enter your site name and URL into the form. You don’t need to include the www.
4. Click Create Account and Google will generate a Tracking ID.
5. Click Settings >> Google Analytics in the left-hand sidebar.
6. Click the Plugin Settings tab then enter your UA code into the field.
Click Save Changes button.
It takes a little while to start showing up in your reports but now you can see your visitor activity at any time by going to your dashboard.
Once you’ve had it installed on your site for a few weeks you’ll need to start focusing on the most useful Google analytics metrics.
Questions? Something you’re not clear about? Let us know in the comments.