This will show you how to schedule posts in WordPress so they post automatically at a date and time that you decide.
This allows you to write a series of articles and have them publish automatically later.
Great for going on holidays while keeping the blog alive!
How to schedule posts in WordPress
1. Compose a new post or draft.
Make sure you’re completely happy with the article.
2. On your Edit Post page, look for the Publish section.
3. Click the Edit link next to Publish Immediately:
4. Change the date and time for publishing and click OK.
NOTE: The date format here will conform to your options at Settings >> General.
The Publish button will change to Schedule.
5. Click the Schedule button.
Now when your chosen date and time arrives, the post will be published on your website for the world to see.
The Editorial Calendar Plugin
If you create a lot of articles and would like to be able to see an overview of all your scheduled posts and drafts, you may find this plugin useful.
1. Install the Editorial Calendar Plugin.
2. Navigate to Posts >> Calendar to see the editorial calendar overview.
From this page you can drag and drop posts to change their dates, or click on the hover links to edit them.