Give your business or brand a presence on the fastest growing social network, accumulating 10 million users in a mere 9 months. Pinterest stats on Techcrunch. Read what Pinterest says about business pages here.
Why business pages?
It’s always a good idea to be more focused.
By creating a business page for your brand or blog, and posting content in a more narrow way, people are able to control their experience more closely and as a result everyone is happy.
Keep in mind that doing this is only worth your while if your target audience is on Pinterest. Looking at the growth rate though, it’s likely that if they’re not already, they soon will be!
How to setup a business page for your website on Pinterest
If you want to convert your current personal account across to a business page, login to Pinterest and then go to step 3.
1. Sign up for a new Pinterest account here.
2. Verify your email address, then visit the settings page to upload an image and fill out the about for your site, making sure to include some important keywords as well as appealing directly to your target audience.
3. Enter your WordPress website address and click the Verify Website button.
Next you’ll be asked to download a HTML file to verify. Too complex.
Click the Verify with a meta tag link instead.
Copy the content code inside the inverted commas only.
4. Add the meta code to your theme using the Pinterest Verify Meta Tag plugin.
Navigate to Plugins >> Add New and enter ‘Pinterest Verify Meta Tag’ into the search field. Activate the plugin when prompted.
Go to Settings >> Pinterest Verify Meta and paste the content code into the Meta Tag field.
NOTE: If you’re using a caching plugin such as WP Super Cache, you will need to delete the cache before going to the next step.
5. Go back to the Pinterest dialogue box and complete the verification process.
6. To convert your account to a business page click here and complete the form.
After converting your account to a business page, Pinterest will give you some sharing and bookmarking options.
7. Start adding some pins and engaging other Pinners in your target audience!
Are you on Pinterest yet?
If you had a problem with this process or if you just want to share your Pinterest profile URL, please do so in the comments. 🙂