This will show you an easy way to verify Google webmaster tools in WordPress using a simple plugin.
Google webmaster tools is a free service that allows you to verify your sites standing in results as well as monitor any problems that may come up with your site.
Google webmaster tools allows you to:
- Track your server and domain status
- Review keywords used to find you as well as basic analytics
- See which sites link to yours
- Submit a sitemap for indexing
- Check your page load speed
Setting up Google Webmaster tools
1. log in to google, go to webmaster tools then click the Add a Site button.
2. Enter the URL of your WordPress site and click Continue.
3. Verify your website.
WordPress.com users will need to use these instructions.
How to verify Google webmaster tools in WordPress
1. Copy the HTML tag content code.
On the verification page click the Alternate methods tab and choose the HTML tag option.
Copy down the content meta tag code between the inverted commas only.
2. Use a plugin to place the code in your websites theme.
If you’re using the SEO for WordPress by Yoast plugin, navigate to SEO >> Dashboard, enter the content value next to the Google Webmaster Tools field and click the Save Settings button.
Otherwise you will need to install the ‘Google Site Verification plugin using Meta Tag’ plugin.
After activation, navigate to Settings >> Google Site Verification, enter the content meta code into the field and press the Save Changes button.
3. Delete your cache if you’re using a caching plugin.
If you’re using a plugin like WP Super Cache to speed up your WordPress site, delete all cache files before going to the next step.
3. Verify your site.
Return to the Google Webmaster Tools page and click the Verify button.
Now you can get on with submitting a sitemap or reviewing your inbound links.
If you have any questions or issues please let us know in the comments.