Tomorrow never comes.
If you’re not planning a product for your blog/business then it will never happen.
The WordPress & Social Media EBook Series for Bloggers Business Owners and Creatives
These are the eBooks I currently have available.
These products represent the areas I can best speak with authority when it comes to WordPress and online promotion. And as I gain more knowledge, this list may well grow.
Why you need to start creating a product for your blog TODAY
Creating a product is time consuming but the benefits to your business or blog are:
- You have something to sell – your blog can make money independently of anyone else
- You build authority with yourself and your visitors
- By codifying your knowledge and insights you are forced to improve and clarify your business and mission.
It’s one thing to be a good chef that can make amazing meals for people, it’s another to also be articulate and able to communicate how you get that great result.
In short, teachers are better students.
By forcing yourself to write down and/or document what you do and put it into a useful, valuable and accessible tool for someone else, you create clarity that is good for your business. It can also help update how you communicate to your audience as well.
You need to start creating a product or service that serves some need, or solves a problem with the audience that is receptive to your experience, knowledge and area of passion.
A product is your integrity and authority made solid to the world
It signals your authority and expertise in a certain area not only to your audience but to yourself as well. It can build huge confidence in yourself and what you are about.
So start today and create an outline for an information product or service that can be converted directly into money when traded with your target audience.
How to start?
The more value you can create for a specific audience the better for your money-making enterprises online or in the real world.
Start from a position of strength
Focus your specific area of expertise and passion into one simple idea.Be narrow and authentic in your promises and you're more likely to over deliver. Click To Tweet
Here are some questions you can ask yourself to stimulate ideas for a product of your own:
- With your unique experience in life, what could you communicate in such a way as to help your target audience?
- What have other people in the same area failed to address?
- How could I condense and deliver my knowledge and passion into one easily digestible medium?
It will make it much easier to put together something that people will find useful or educational if you stay well within your area of expertise.
Momentum is everything
Another important point in creating your first product is to keep it short and sweet. This is especially true if your product is digital but you can plan on upgrading your product later and charging more for that later
Better to release something sooner rather than later
Generating ideas for products
- Write down 10 potential product titles as a way of provoking ideas.
- Compare some websites or bloggers in a similar niche as your blog or business
- What do you always find yourself needing as a reference in your blog or business – is someone providing this resource
- Is there a resource or product or training that could be simplified or repackaged for a particular, under-serviced industry?
- What do people in your niche find most frustrating? How could you solve that frustration?
Remember to use questions
When in doubt, simply ask people in your industry what they need and how it could be best delivered.
Much of this kind of information is freely available to people who are willing to ask these kinds of questions. Don’t be afraid to be that person.
What product do you have trapped inside you?
How could you get started on this today?