If you’re looking for royalty free images to use on your next blog post, this article will list all the best sources.
We invite you to comment with any others, but this is going to be a short, high-quality resource for you to find great free images for your blog posts.
NOTE: Image authors always appreciate a credit and it’s good practice to include one in your post.
Best sources for royalty free images
A collection of all the main creative commons sources on the web.
Instantly search millions of royalty free images on Flickr.
Download thousands of free stock photos from around the world.
Royalty free stock photography, vector images and video.
Free high quality images for commercial use. No attribution required. Donations accepted.
Top quality high res images free from copyright. No attribution required.
Some of the highest quality images you will find. They have a commitment to good photography too.
Using Photopin to add images to your WordPress posts
Photopin is the site I use the most as it’s fast and has many high quality images.
1. Do a search.
2. Click on the image you want and download the maximum size you need.
3. Prepare the image for SEO by renaming the image file with relevant keywords.
Images from Photopin are already optimized for web display so no other resizing or processing is required.
4. Upload your image into WordPress using the Add Media button.
It will automatically create thumbnails from this original image.
5. Copy the text from the Title into the Alt Text field as this is the main thing search engines look for.
6. Choose your image size and placement and click the Insert into Post button.
7. In the WordPress post editor, switch to the Text mode tab and copy the image credit details to the bottom of your article.
Are there any other hassle-free sites you know of for free stock images?
Let us know in the comments. 🙂