Having a social media account is not enough. You need to have clear goals, and a strategy that you can be sure will create a result.
To do this, you need to have both the why and the how clarified.
Why you should use Instagram
Here are five big goals you should adopt in your usage of Instagram and any social media channel.
- To show off your expertise and special knowledge in your niche
- To creatively express yourself and receive recognition for your work
- To build a community of people who share similar goals, lifestyles and interests
- To have an audience to promote your products and services to
- To increase traffic to your website or blog
How to make it work for you
Here are some strategies to make these goals happen.
- Get clear about who your audience is and what their concerns, fears and goals are – The customer Avatar worksheet is brilliant for this!
- Use Instagram search to find that audience on Instagram and find hashtags they use regularly
- Use hashtags in your posts to find and communicate with these people
- Create content that speaks to that audiences needs, fears etc.
Implement these ideas, and you will find your efforts on just about any social media platforms will be more effective.
The Customer Avatar Worksheet is an invaluable tool for finding your target audience. Use it!